ACRI-ST is a member of the ACRI Group established in 1989, comprising companies that provide services the scope of which spans from satellite remote sensing, ocean & land surveys to hydraulic civil engineering through environmental research computational fluid dynamics and dynamic similitude. The ACRI group consists of a hundred people spread across all office sites.
ACRI-Group logo: the birth of the ACRI brand
ACRI-ST, through its subsidiaries established in France and worldwide, is a supplier to space agencies (simulation of space-based sensors; operational chains development; processing, archiving and mission performance centres) and develops/operates environmental Copernicus services to end users.
Born from a research company, ACRI-ST sustains a strong R&D in satellite remote sensing of the ocean, coastal waters, shoreline, continental waters, land cover and land use, as well as features and dynamics modelling and data assimilation in models.
Innovation feeds the services in data collection, processing, archiving and distribution, in information design including environmental risk assessment, health changes and ecological mitigations (e.g. air quality, water quality, storm water collection – drainage – sewage, rivers restoration), as well as support to economic activities (e.g. aquaculture and shellfish farming, shipping and off-shore activities, insurance).
In the group, ACRI-ST specializes in :
- Earth Observation (EO) mission specifications and End-to-End simulations; design of sensing equations, algorithm and data processor development; operation of components of EO mission Ground Segments
- Environmental monitoring – the so-called EO Mission user segments
- ITC research and data services for EO missions’ ground segments and environmental engineering
ACRI-ST plays a role in the whole chain
- From sensors measurements’ specification
- To production of information of relevance to scientists, policy-makers, economic stakeholders,…
ACRI-ST has strong expertise in:
The Space Segment
- Space domain sciences: studies and design of performance simulators of spatial systems in preparation of the use of remote sensing data for thematic applications related to the environment; prototyping data processing algorithms level 1, 2 and 3, and the analysis and exploitation of spatial missions; instrumental behaviour analysis, methodology and tool validation/calibration)
- Systems and Software engineering: operational chains development
- PDGS & EO Data Operations Services: archiving and processing services (reprocessing) of space missions, mission operator performance centres
The Environmental Segment
Through its subsidiary ACRI-HE, in Copernicus dynamics (modelling air quality and marine water) for the management of industrial activity (e.g. aquaculture) or health information (e.g. prevention of peak pollution) or short and medium term impact (geophysics, hydrodynamics and coastal engineering).
An illustration via MERIS of the ACRI-ST company history in Earth Observation
ACRI-ST’s goal is to build-up a reliable services supply chain, established on a sound ground segments components of EO missions and geo-data user segments to be set in partnership with Space Agencies, Environment Research and IT Research agencies, and geo-companies to capture/attract solvent commercial markets in environmental data/information services.